Friday, April 3, 2009

100 islands do not have anything to do with dressing PART 2

Did I mention that Crystal was also a great artist? She painted a straw bag for each Molly and I. Mine is cool...you'll see it later.

Our car ride to Aliminos was very long and nautious feeling like. Picture yourself being in a packed going really fast and then slamming on the brakes. I was definitely not feeling well by the time we got to the resort to eat. The resort was beautiful but we were fed rice again. I keep saying at every meal: "I'm never going to eat rice again!" But never the less I get fed rice anyway...and I eat it. We get it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, dessert, and every side dish. I need some oats and wheat. and even corn! I never thought I'd be asking for corn. Knowing me I'll probably want rice when I get back to the states.

Okay so after that fun lunch we headed to Bagos for the afternoon and evening. We went to their Mayor's house. He was such a noble guy, very respected in his town. Philippines have a lot of corruption in the government, but not this guy! There was a festival that evening for the town, but we got rained out so we had to go back to Aliminos to find our hotel.

When i say hotel I say that loosly. It was very dirty like Brittany Spears, but we made do. Actually we girls did great and hey ...It's not cool to look out your window and see poverty all over and little kids picking through garbage, people begging for money, and elderly people almost getting run over by triclycles and other vehicles. So by seeing that it puts my spoiled life into perpective.

On Thursday it was my favorite day so far. We took a day tour of 100 islands here. We got to go hiking up a huge hill and see a gorgeous view of all the islands and then we went to another island where we had a picnic and then went swimming and hung out on the beach. I got to try snorkling too but unfortunetely a lot of us had falting snorkles and got a mouth full of sea water. My goodness it is salty....by the way we were in the China Sea. The last island we visited was where we saw a cave. It had a few fossils and some stalagmites and stalagtites. But not like tights you where to Sunday School.

Continue on...........part three.........

No comments:

Post a Comment