Monday, April 20, 2009

Leaving Angeles City

After a restful stay in Angeles City it's time to leave. I'm not ready to leave though since Molly and I are enjoying our beach house stay at John McCully's. I'm most sad to leave the two helpers of the house, Ging and her husband Vic. They are so incredibly nice to us...doing our laundry, always picking us up in the middle of the night wherever we may be, and giving us chocolate! They are so sweet I will miss them!

Yesterday was cool too because we got to be on Ron's radio show. (Ron was the guy who was a jazz professor in Louisiana but decided to retire in the Philippines.) I got to talk about the traditional Filapino music I've been seeing...I said my favorite was the song and dance of the bamboo sticks. I'll show you all later how to dance it. My sister Jaime, new national award radio show person, should be proud!

Later in the morning Ron was also cool enough to give me a free improvisation lesson! I learned a few new tricks!

Bahay Hay school is Rotary's project of that district and we got to visit that as well. It is a school for street children. So basically they rescue these children off the street, get them clean of drugs and give them a free education. It was really cool. The most impressive thing was that all the kids' cubby spaces were incredibly tiddy. Apparently it's always like that even if people aren't coming over!

So, off to another new city....we here it's actually Paradise there.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment